Taking a break from my love of stationery & fun party printables to use whatever public platforms I have to bring awareness to an issue that is close to my heart and "burden" on my spirit. I am a firm believer that the things you are passionate about are not random...they are your calling! I am passionate about my husband, my children, my family & friends, and being a voice to those who do not have one. I am called to be a wife, a mom, a daughter, I friend... And for the past six months I have felt an urgency in my spirit in regards to bringing awareness about Human Trafficking & Child Sex Trafficking. Call it my Esther 4:14 moment - "For if you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance will rise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father's house will perish. And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”
Today, July 30th is *Worldwide* Human Trafficking Awareness Day - yes there is a international day set aside to bring awareness to such a horrible and despicable reality that affects 8 million people worldwide EVERY.SINGLE.YEAR. 800,000 of those are in the USA every year, * 2,000 in America EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. 80% of those are women and half of that 80% is children. Children are missing at alarming rates and the sexual exploitation of children is staggering.
Did you know that there are more people bound in slavery today than at any other time in history? Human trafficking consist or slave labor, sexual exploitation, and even human organ harvesting. Human trafficking is fastest growing criminal enterprise, and it currently sits 3rd on illegal $$$, behind drugs and illegal arms(weapons) sales. It generates more than over $150 Billion USD every year. With these staggering statistics, it is even more saddening (and alarming) that this is not something being talked about more in our news and MSM.
This issue is not something new to me or our family, but have definitely felt more of an urgency to speak out since COVID19 has made its appearance in 2020. Covid19 is a worldwide pandemic affecting every country and culture and race...and so is Human Trafficking . And not only that, but do to the shutdown, isolation measures, and people all over being concealed behind masks, there is a dramatic rise of human trafficking. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has experienced a 90% increase in reported tips this year compared to the same 6 month time frame in 2019.
So what can we do to HELP?
1. RAISE awareness for the staggering numbers and statistics of Human Trafficking. Human Trafficking IS NOT a conspiracy, and more people need to be aware at the very sad reality that is affecting the ENTIRE world. It is happening in your country, in your state, and your city, and probably even in your neighborhood. Whether you need to protest, to post/repost, give funding, cry, or talk with family of friends...just become informed and help spread the awareness!!!
2. REPORT to local law enforcement or the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force. If you see something, say something.
3. EXPOSE the darkness for what it is. Call out your celebrities, stars, political powers, big corporations, MSM & spiritual (CHURCH) leaders when their hypocrisy of human trafficking / child exploitation is revealed. Evil associates with Evil. Hold them accountable for their accomplice.
4. DONATE to organizations on the ground (especially local organizations in your Own Community). These are organizations that are using their complete funding to actively rescue victims of HT and to bring traffickers and predators to justice. A great one is Operation Underground Railroad @ourrescue or a local Lavished Ministries @lavishedministries are 2 great organizations /ministries to give support.
5. PRAY for the Lord to heal our Land. PRAY that the deeds of the wicked will be brought to Light and that justice will be served to all who are oppressed.
"Rescue the weak & needy. Deliver them from the hand of the wicked." Psalm 82:4
"Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all who are destitute. Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy." Proverbs 31:8-9
"for at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true), and try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord. Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them" Ephesians 5:11
A great way to research is to look up some of the Links on this post ⬆ As well as using search engines and social media platforms to look up some of the hashtags listed below ⬇